Healthy Simplicity for Your Slow Cooker!
~ 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~ 1 teaspoon medium hot taco seasoning mix
~ 1 cup mild salsa
~ Serve with: Tortillas, hard taco shells, cheese, avocado or guacamole, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, additional salsa, etc.
1. Spray slow cooker with Pam and lay the chicken in the bottom.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
3. Spread the salsa to cover the chicken.
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
5. Place chicken on a plate and let it cool. Spoon the salsa over it.
6. Shred with two forks or your fingers.
7. Put shredded chicken in a bowl and add some of the cooking liquid still in the slow cooker. Start with about 1/4 cup and more if you want the chicken more moist.
8. Serve the chicken with tacos, tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce or anything else you like.
Let us know how you like it!