A food processor makes Cauliflower Rice even easier!
~ 1 Head Cauliflower
~ 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
~ 1 Onion, diced
~ 1 Teaspoon Salt
~ 1/2 Lemon
~ Fresh parsley, chopped, to taste.
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets.
2. Add florets into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until florets resemble rice.
3. Add olive oil to a skillet.
4. Let olive oil heat up and then add the onion.
5. Cook until golden brown.
6. Add the cauliflower and salt.
7. Cook 3-5 minutes.
8. Pour cauliflower rice into a bowl.
9. Squeeze 1/2 lemon and salt into cauliflower rice.
10. Top with chopped parsley.
Do you have a unique way to prepare vegetables?
Ever get tired of plain water? Then this thirst-quenching treat is for you!
~ 1/2 of a pomegranate
~ 3/4 inch of ginger
~ 1 lime
~ Ice cubes
1. Hold the pomegranate cut side down in your fingers and bash the back of it with a spoon so the seeds tumble into a jug.
2. Finely grate in some peeled ginger, then slice and add the lime.
3. Add loads of ice, then top up with water.
What is your favorite hydration flavor(s)?!
Healthy Simplicity for Your Slow Cooker!
~ 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~ 1 teaspoon medium hot taco seasoning mix
~ 1 cup mild salsa
~ Serve with: Tortillas, hard taco shells, cheese, avocado or guacamole, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, additional salsa, etc.
1. Spray slow cooker with Pam and lay the chicken in the bottom.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
3. Spread the salsa to cover the chicken.
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
5. Place chicken on a plate and let it cool. Spoon the salsa over it.
6. Shred with two forks or your fingers.
7. Put shredded chicken in a bowl and add some of the cooking liquid still in the slow cooker. Start with about 1/4 cup and more if you want the chicken more moist.
8. Serve the chicken with tacos, tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce or anything else you like.
Let us know how you like it!
Zucchini Noodles With Mushroom Marinara
"Pasta" Without The Guilt!
~ 2 tablespoons Canola Oil, divided
~ 1 package (8 ounces each) sliced fresh button mushrooms, chopped
~ 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
~ 1 can (14.5 ounces each) Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
~ 1 can (8 ounces each) Tomato Sauce
~ 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
~ 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
~ 6 medium zucchini (6 = about 3 pounds)
~ Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes, sauce, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, carefully cut zucchini lengthwise into long thin noodles with vegetable peeler, stopping when seeds are visible. Discard center portion of zucchini.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini noodles and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt; cook 5 minutes or until desired tenderness, stirring occasionally. Serve zucchini noodles with sauce. Top with cheese, if desired.
If you like eggs and avocados, then this could be your dream recipe! Heart-healthy fats and protein combine into a simple and delicious breakfast, snack or any other meal!
1. Ripe avocados, halved. As many as you want.
2. Eggs. The same number as the avocados.
3. Garnishes and toppings, your preference: Cheese, pepper, salsa, sour cream, fresh or dried herbs, salsa etc.
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cut one or two (or more) avocados in half.
3. Remove pits.
4. Scoop out a little flesh from each avocado.
5. Arrange avocados in a baking dish as snugly as possible.
6. Crack an egg into each avocado half.
7. Place in oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. The cooking time will vary according to the size of the avocados and eggs. Be sure the egg whites are set and you're set!
8. Top with salt, pepper, cheese, fresh or dried herbs, salsa or pretty much anything you desire.
Like it? Please leave us a comment below.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
A Delicious Way To Get Your Protein!
~ Non-stick cooking spray
~ 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce-Marinade
~ 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
~ 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
~ 1 cup cherry tomatoes
~ 1/2 cup medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
~ 8 bamboo skewers (6-inch)
1. Spray cold grate of gas grill with grilling spray. Preheat to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine teriyaki sauce and soy sauce in small bowl.
2. Thread pieces of chicken and vegetables on each skewer. Grill 5 minutes; turn over and brush with some sauce mixture. Grill 5 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in centers and vegetables are tender. Turn again and brush second side with remaining sauce; grill until sauce is hot, being careful not to burn. Discard any remaining sauce.
Soak bamboo skewers in water at least 30 minutes before using. For easy clean-up, cover grill cooking grate with a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with PAM® Grilling Spray.
Veggie Medley With Honey Mustard Sauce
Quick, Simple and Healthy!
~ 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
~ 2 tablespoons honey
~ 2 tablespoons water
~ 1/8 teaspoon salt
~ 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
~ 3 tablespoons butter
~ 1 package (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
1. Combine mustard, honey, water, salt and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetables; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot.
3. Drizzle mustard mixture over cooked vegetables; toss lightly. Serve immediately.
Makes about 4 servings (about 3/4 cup each)
Asian Tuna Lettuce Wraps
More proof that eating healthy tastes good!
~ 2 cans (5 oz each) Albacore tuna in water, drained
~ 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots (from 10 oz package)
~ 1/4 cup quartered radishes
~ 1/4 cup sliced green onions
~ 1/4 cup Sweet and Sour Sauce
~ 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
~ 8 leaves green leaf lettuce
1. Mix tuna with all remaining ingredients, except lettuce, in medium bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup tuna mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Wrap leaf around filling to serve.
For a little extra crunch, top each with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts. Look for matchstick-cut carrots in the produce section to save prep time. If radishes are not available, use 1/4 cup chopped, drained sliced water chestnuts.
If you try these, then please let me know how you like them in the comments below. Many thanks!
Cucumber Roll Hors D'Oeuvres with Creamy Avocado Spread
This is one of my favorites! If you're a fan of cucumbers and avocado, then you'll love digging into these!
Photo from: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cucumber-rolls-creamy-avocado-spread-christine-marmoy
~ 1 large organic English cucumber (or 2)
~ 3 ripe avocados
~ 1/4 cup capers
~ 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
~ Freshly cracked black pepper
~ 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
~ 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine + more for plating
~ 1/8 cup fresh dill, chopped fine
1. Slice cucumbers thin.
2. Mash all other ingredients together and spread about a tablespoon on each slice.
3. Roll up cucumber with spread and garnish with capers and fresh chopped parsley.
4. Enjoy cucumber and avocado nirvana!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments. Thanks!
Tilapia With Black Beans and Corn - Simple, Healthy and Delicious!
Photo: Google Images
1 can (15oz) Black Beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (10 oz) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
No-Stick Cooking Spray
4 tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen (4 fillets = 1 pound)
1. Stir together first 6 ingredients to make black bean-corn mixture; set aside.
2. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Srpinkle fillets with salt, place in skillet and cook 3 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F).
3. Place fillets on plates and top each with about 3/4 cup black bean mixture.
To thaw fish more quickly, place wrapped fish in container of cold tap water and change water every 20 to 30 minutes. Individually wrapped fillets will thaw more quickly than pieces frozen together.
Makes 4 servings (1 topped fillet each)